In partnership with Scottish Enterprise, we are hoping to run a pilot to put a few individuals from life science companies through the Saltire Fellowship in order to increase commercial, business, entrepreneurial and leadership skills to help drive growth of the company.
The Fellowship is a world class entrepreneurial leadership programme designed to create a global and entrepreneurial mindset in Scotland's future business leaders. The Saltire Fellowship is based on three principles:
1. Entrepreneurial leadership - taught by faculty who have run $m businesses on campus at Babson College Boston (the #1 Business School in the world for Entrepreneurship) in partnership with the best of Scottish Business Schools.
2. Experiential learning - through Babson's programme of immersion in entrepreneurial experience and learning as well as through hands on delivery of live projects in international firms or delivery of international projects for the Scottish company.
3. Global mindset rooted in Scotland - immersion in Boston and Scottish entrepreneurial ecosystems and intensive exposure to international and Scottish networks. The Babson schedule includes an integral week of learning and experience delivered in China.
The programme involves the individual spending 4 months away from the business overseas, although they can be undertaking a project for the company during this time. As a result, the Fellows will return with:
• Business acumen beyond their peers.
• An understanding of how global opportunity can deliver value for customers.
• A confidence to press for the right opportunity within the company.
• Developed global networks of great value to the business.
• Established links with key players in the Scottish economy and beyond.
For more information: www.saltirefoundation.com/fellowship
Contact: Katie Michels, Programme Director: email@example.com